XYZ: 'IT'S ON!' *WHERE'S OPEN & WHAT'S ON IN BRIGHTON & HOVE*
Brighton Dome – Concert Hall
Tel: +44 1273 709709
What’s on: brightondome.org/whats_on
- Brighton Dome – Concert Hall was inspired by the Corn Exchange in Paris.
- It was originally covered with a huge segmented glass dome.
- Remarkable building – designed as the Prince Regent’s riding stables, and finally completed in 1805.
- It was part of the famous Royal Pavilion Estate.
- Converted into a Concert Hall in 1866, as a result it became the most fashionable, culturally significant venue in the south.
- Restored again in 1935 with a resplendent art-deco interior leading to the showcasing of some of the world’s biggest names in arts and entertainment.
- Thanks to Lottery Funding, closed for renovation in 1999 re-opening three years later in March 2002.
- Newly improved sight lines, a seating capacity of 1700 and with the stalls removable for extended performance space and an increased part standing capacity of 1860 .
- Each year, they present and produce over 600 events
- Spanning music, theatre, dance, comedy, literature, spoken word, visual arts, film, digital and more.
- Each May they produce leading, progressive mixed-arts celebration, the internationally-acclaimed Brighton Festival.
- A rich history spanning over 200 years it’s an extraordinary space in which to bring the arts alive.
- A hub for artists across the region
- Commissions and supports both emerging and established artists.
- Read about their Associate Artists and programming partners.
- At the venue they are committed to bringing all sorts of art to all sorts of people. By offering imaginative new ways to discover and participate.
Please show your support for these guys and for XYZ Brighton
by liking and sharing, and tagging us at your socials! Perhaps with a lovely photo!
It's a great way to pass info about great deals to your friends!
PLUS we can share your posts / piccies at XYZ Brighton!
Try XYZ's event search for events in this location
Any great events in Brighton can be added to XYZ's 'It's On' Brighton Event Guide here via our simple form...
Own this venue & not recently updated this page? Email: itson at xyzbrighton.com - Subject: UPDATE LOCATION from your business email address and we'll send you a link to request an update with your most current info!
Spot a mistake? Or something to be added or changed at this page? Give us a shout and we can get on it....