XYZ: 'IT'S ON!' EVENTS & OFFERS - *WHAT'S ON IN BRIGHTON & HOVE*
Event Listing Info:
- Generic combivir online for sale
- Where to buy cheap clozaril
- Get furosemide
- Vibramycin tablet online
- Avalide tablet online
- Generic vesicare prices
- Protopic 0.1 price in india
- Cheap paxil canada
- How do you get vaniqa
- Buy zestril usa
Location / Link:
Join Alice & Co and Zenzie Tinker Conservation for a special in-person weekend workshop in Zenzie’s Brighton conservation studio and learn everything you need to know to start designing and making your own traditional and contemporary smocked garments.
The technique of smocking can trace its British origins back as far as the Middle Ages. During the 18th and 19th centuries it was most commonly found on labourers’ smocks, due to its ability to be both form-fitting and flexible. The technique and garment have since become more or less synonymous, but of course the technique itself can be used in any garment for shaping or decoration and is being taken forwards by 21st century designers and hobbyists everywhere.
Over the course of the weekend you will learn both the practical techniques of smocking and how to use it to design and make your own smocked garments.
The workshop will include:
Day 1: HOW TO SMOCK
Hazel Arnott (Royal School of Needlework, National Trust and long-term ZTC team member) will teach you:
– Different methods to pleat your fabric and a range of embroidery stitches suitable for smocking
– A look at historic examples of traditional smocks in the ZTC study collection
– A tour around the fascinating ZTC textile conservation studio
Day 2: WHERE TO SMOCK
Alice and Lilia (Alice & Co Patterns, V&A) will teach you:
– How to measure and draft a dartless block to your own personal measurements (bodice + sleeve)
– How and where to add the extra fabric to give shape and volume by smocking
– How to incorporate historical smocking into contemporary designs
Lunch & refreshments
Lunch will be provided by local favourites Sunbird Deli (vegan and vegetarian options available). Teas, coffee and biscuits will also be provided to keep you powered through the weekend!
Website: Full link http://www.website.com
Venue Website: Full link http://www.website.com
Event Capacity: 12
Dress Code: None
Age Limits: Adults
Please show your support for these guys and for XYZ Brighton
by liking and sharing, and tagging us at your socials! Perhaps with a lovely photo!
It's a great way to pass info about great deals to your friends!
PLUS we can share your posts / piccies at XYZ Brighton!
Spot a mistake? Tell us so we can fix it ASAP.
Add your events to XYZ's 'It's On' Brighton Event Listings Guide online!